Ubumwe translates to “unity or togetherness”. At the Ubumwe Community Center, we strive to help people with disabilities find their abilities.
- To have a place where people with different disabilities meet to socialize and share their challenges.
- To help people with disabilities to find their abilities.
- By sharing their challenges they can find their own solutions.
- Provide economic opportunities for self-reliance through skills training.
- Enable respect and self-worth by providing a community for those who previously had no place to go.
- Provide a place where able bodied people and people of disability explore their common humanity.